Monday, July 18, 2011

Week Five

Hard to believe that my Summer Sabbatical is half over. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a summer more! I am counting my days and trying to use this time wisely. Am I meeting all my goals? Not really, but it has been good to have them to keep from just being lazy. (The only one I am really on target with, is my running program!) I am making progress on home projects long neglected but also making time for connecting with friends, deepening relationships with them and also having fun with the grans and deepening those relationships. I am trying to focus on reading more. Making good progress in Les Miserables but also plan to start reading Prayerwalking by Steve Hawthorne and Graham Kendrick and have just begun Managing your Emotions which so far is very good.

More than anything this time is giving me perspective. I am seeing things that I have neglected and changes I need to make in my life. My priorities have needed reorganizing and this time is allowing God to reveal what needs to be reshuffled.

This week I hope to finish up some trim painting (we have painted several rooms in the past several years but never got around to the trim.) My focus in cleaning and decluttering is our bedroom, bath and closet. But I also will be having fun with the grans and go walking with a friend. On Saturday we plan to leave for North Carolina to meet our newest granddaughter. I will stay and help Kimberly when Carl returns to work on Monday and Bill will take the older boys camping for a few days. It is his turn to have Dad-Dad Camp!

But more than anything I plan to spend time in God's Word and allow him to speak to me in a deeper way.

No comments: